• ARTini at John Michaels Diamond & Jewelry Studio Featured artist: Norma De La Pena. Features Martini: Hot Lips. In conjunction with LIVE ART at the Italian American Club! ARTini is the second Friday of the month. Local artists will be painting outside on patio. 5-7 p.m. John Michaels Diamond and Jewelry Studio, 1331 Cape Coral Parkway E., Cape Coral, 549-2099. johnmichaelsrocks.com
• “The Artist’s Choice” Portrait and Figure Painters Society of SW Florida Inc. and the Friends of the Cape Coral Library presenting a one-month exhibition displaying original art by members in various medium and themes. Various fine original art in oil, mixed media (metal) and jewelry. Displayed during normal library hours. Free, donations accepted for Portrait and Figure Org. and the Friend of the Cape Coral Library. Cape Coral Public Library, 921 SW 39th Terrace, Cape Coral, 481-2081.
• Cirque Italia two hours with this exciting water and artist circus collaboration. Presented under a the white and blue big top tent at the NE Corner of Pine Island Road and Andalusia, 917 NE Pine Island Road, Cape Coral. 7:30 p.m. Tickets Adults $10-$50; Children free-$45. (941)704-8572. www.cirqueitalia.com
• Cultural Park Theater Presents “I Remember Mama” This heartfelt comedy set in San Francisco following the turn of the century is a story of a Norwegian family’s survival in the New World. Told in retrospect by the eldest daughter, a successful writer, recounting the start of her career and the childhood that inspired it. She takes us back to relive the familial hardships and triumphs, but, of course, it’s Mama she remembers. Show times 8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday; 3 p.m. Saturday-Sunday. Adults $18, Seniors $16, Children $12. Cultural Park Theater, 528 Cultural Park Blvd., Cape Coral, 772-5862. culturalparktheater.com
• Dentistry from the Heart This is the day when we give back to a community that has been so wonderful to us. Registration starts at 8 a.m. Patients will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis. Patients are encouraged to arrive early, dress appropriately for the weather and bring chairs, blankets, water, snacks, etc. as they may be outside waiting to be seen. 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Dietrich Dental Services, 17178 Toledo Blade Blvd, Port Charlotte, 625-7877. dietrichdentalservices.com• Digital Photography Classes Basics of Digital Photography. Learn various settings, papers and printing will be discussed. Computer programs will be discussed. $65 Members, $85 non-members. 4-6 p.m. Cape Coral Art League, 516 Cultural Park Blvd, Cape Coral, 772-5657. capecoralartleague.org
• Free Line Dance Lessons Line dance lessons every Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Every Tuesday night at Dixie Roadhouse is quarter drink night. $5 gets you in, and wells, calls, draft and wine are $.25 cents each from 7-10 p.m., and again from 12:30-1 a.m. Power hour prices from 10-11 p.m. every night. 7 p.m.-2 a.m. Dixie Roadhouse LTD, 1023 SE 47th Ter, Cape Coral, 541-7900. facebook.com/dixieroadhouse
• History Tour Of Matlacha Island The tour begins and ends at The Lovegrove Gallery & Gardens located at 4637 Pine Island Road every Friday at 8 a.m. in the garden. The 60-minute tour starts at 9 a.m. Reservations required. 945-0405. $10. Lovegrove Gallery & Gardens, 4637 Pine Island Road, Matlacha. truetours.net
• Karate for Self-Defense at Rotary Park All techniques are taught by Hilmar Fuchs in a fun, safe atmosphere. Participants do not need to be well-coordinated or in top physical condition. Class typically meets Fridays and sometimes from 9-10 a.m. Saturdays Be sure to get an accurate schedule from the park office or instructor. Please register in advance. 2:45-4 p.m. $35 Cape resident, $53 nonresident. Eco Park, Four Mile Cove Ecological Preserve, Cape Coral, 549-4606. CapeParks.com
• Luau Join us for an exotic evening of food and authentic Polynesian entertainment straight from the islands, including music and fire dancers. Ticket includes dinner, show, music and dancing. BYOB. 6-10 p.m. $30. Cape Coral Yacht Club, 5819 Driftwood Parkway, Cape Coral. 574-0806. capeparks.com
• Pet Coral Yappy Hour Yappy Hour Poolside, bring a chair and your dog. All dogs must be spayed/neutered and have proof of vaccines. This is an off-leash dog park environment, social dogs only. Refreshments served. 6:30-8 p.m. Pet Coral Resort and Veterinary, 924 Del Prado Blvd., Cape Coral, 673-8453. petcoral.com
• 3D Printing Workshop for Kids How to get started in 3D printing especially for kids, parents, teachers. 1-3 p.m. $25. Cape Coral Arts Studio, 4533 Coronado Parkway, Cape Coral, 207-200-3031. FabLabHub.net
• Belly Dance Workshop at Rotary Park Learn the basics of belly dance from Sherry Coffey in a two-hour workshop. This dance is not only great for core strength, but is one of the most beautiful dance forms on earth. Please register in advance. 1-3 p.m. $20 Cape residents, $30 non-residents. Rotary Park, 5505 Rose Garden Road, Cape Coral, 549-4606. CapeParks.com
• Pool Safety Party Golisano Children’s Hospital is hosting a free pool safety party through the Kohl’s Kids Safety program. Learn ways to help your family stay safe while having fun in and around the swimming pool. Free admission and refreshments. 10 a.m.-1 p.m. North Fort Myers Community Pool, 5170 Orange Grove Blvd., North Fort Myers, 343-5224.
• Princess Party Join us at the William “Bill” Austen Youth Center for princess games, stories, crafts, and of course princess punch and sandwiches. Don’t forget to dress like your favorite princess! Parents are not required to stay. Call to register. Noon-3 p.m. $12 Cape Coral Resident $17 Non-Resident. Wm, Bill Austen Youth Center, 315 SW 2nd Ave., Cape Coral, 242-3950. CapeParks.com
• Spring Swing — Moffitt’s Sun Safety Tour Spring Swing — Moffitt’s Sun Safety Tour is a partnership between Moffitt and the Rays offering free skin cancer screenings at specified baseball spring training venues in March. Screeners will look for early signs of skin cancer while promoting sun safety, skin cancer awareness and education. Each screening stop will include free Spring Swing shirts, sunscreen, and sun safety educational materials and promotional items. 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Charlotte Sports Park, 2300 El Jobean Road, Port Charlotte. 813-387-0503. MOFFITT.org/SpringSwing
• Super Hero Day Get to the William “Bill” Austen Youth Center lightning fast and unleash your inner superpower while enjoying superhero stories, games, crafts, and a special superhero lunch! Parents are not required to stay. Call to pre-register. Noon-3 p.m. $12 Cape Coral Resident $17 Non-resident. Wm, Bill Austen Youth Center, 315 SW 2nd Ave., Cape Coral , 242-3950. CapeParks.com
• Rotino Roadshow Antiques & Collectibles Fair Think you may have a treasure at home? Come have it appraised by professional appraisers and find out just what it’s worth! Art professionals, collectors and craftsmen will join together to share their passion for antiques at the fair. This event is sponsored by Gannon’s Antiques & Art. Appraisals are just $5 per item. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Tony Rotino Center, 5817 Driftwood Parkway, Cape Coral. 574-0807. CapeParks.com
• SW Florida Wiener Dog Club Wiener dogs and their humans get a chance to play and socialize. An on-site wiener dog racetrack is available for practice races or just for fun. This is an opportunity for “newbies” to learn if their dog can compete in the big races like WienerFest coming in November. Bring your dogs favorite toy or treat and water. Dogbones Cafe opens at 11 a.m. All dogs must have proof of current tags and vaccinations. 9-11 a.m. Shell Factory, 2787 N. Tamiami Trail, North Fort Myers. 458-3294. swfloridawienerdogs.com
• Wally the Red Sox Mascot is coming to Stevie Tomato’s Cape Coral Meet Wally the mascot of the world champion Red Sox. Stevie Tomato’s will have various meet and greets with Wally during spring training. Wally will be at Fort Myers Stevie’s every Saturday at 4 and rotating between Naples and Cape Coral on Sundays in March. Stevie Tomato’s Sports Page, 814 SW Pine Island Rd, Cape Coral, 573-7877.
• 3D Printing Workshop FabLab Hub is bringing 3D printing workshops to the Cape Coral Arts Studio. 10 a.m.-noon. $25. Cape Coral Arts Studio, 4533 Coronado Parkway, Cape Coral, 207-200-3031. FabLabHub.net